UI/UX Case-study for a laundry business Mobile App
Tools: Figma, Illustrator
Time Frame: 4 weeks
My Role: UI UX designer
One day a client approached me to develop a mobile app to take his offline business online. And he enlightened me about his laundry business which he wanted to automate. For me, the laundry business was a completely new area of knowledge. I realized the laundry industry plays a relevant role in everybody's day-to-day life and the best part is I couldn't think of a single organization in this industry that introduced a mobile app locally. And I suggested a mobile app to the client.
So there I found an opportunity for UX design, strategy, and research. I found my role relevant here.
I started my research by learning the fundamentals of the laundry business and understanding the whole process really helped me to solve the UX challenges. The challenges I experienced and learned by surveying the staff, stakeholders and customers are:
- Tracking the inventory
- Visibility to the orders placed
- Items misplaced and interchanging with other orders
- Unmatched items count
- Failing to notify customers about the delay if any
- Tracking the delivery vehicle
- Prioritizing the orders based on the delivery
Where the mobile app whirllo was born!
The mobile app helped to organize the entire business and made the process smooth and efficient. The system was designed in three modules: mobile apps for drivers and customers and a web application for admin. In this case study, we are discussing the customer app, and the driver app and web application case studies will be posting later.
- Ease of placing an order.
- Can create recurring orders
- Track your order status
- Notification for pick and delivery and all status updates of each completed stage.
- Easy payment gateway
- Ability to write complaints and feedback
- Sorting and tagging using RF id.
- Tracking orders, delivery vehicle, and all stages (Washing, Drying, and Ironing).
- Manage damaged/stained cloth.
- Reports and Analytics based on daily, weekly, monthly, and custom dates.
- Marking each stage of the process.
- Send delay notifications to customers.
- Generating gate pass.
*No gate pass will be issued if any stage left unchecked.
Conducted surveys with customers.
Sitemap User Flow:
The mobile app helped to resolve issues like placing orders, tracking order, gets proper notification of each stage and even if there is any delay, Customers can create recurring orders so that they don't need to place an order every time, Even they can report the issues and which gets resolved quickly.
These features and the best UI design and User Experience made the mobile app desirable.